" Failures are divided into two classes - those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -John Charles Salak





Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Absent

Yesterday I did not come to school, so I was not with my WhysUp people. I heard that they went to Lakeshore, somewhere in Oakland. Well while they were busy taking pictures and probably interviewing people, I was at the hospital. I have a long history of stomach problems, and well lately I had this weird thing. Whenever I eat, I can't do exercise after that. If I do, I get bumps all over my face, like an allergic reaction.
Well my doctor felt that I was allergic to food, which is nonsense in my opinion. I've been eating food for like my whole life, and out of nowhere I can get allergic to it? Well my doctor sent me to the allergies department, and since they didn't have a clue to what I was allergic to, they decided to test me for every time of food. Of course since I only have two arms, like everyone else, they tested 44 types of things, and then I have to do back on the 17th to get tested more stuff. After they tested for food, we found out that I was not allergic to it, and when they tested me for environmental things like animals, grass etc they found that I was allergic to cats, this type of grass and some weird tree.
I didn't know that in order to test for allergies they actually had to provote one, its kind of not that "advance" if you think about it. Everyone mentions how the U.S. has advanced technology and great health care. In my opinion, its a game of guess and check. If you're feeling sick, they first tell you to drink lots of liquids and rest. Then they give you something you could have bought at stores like Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Safeway...etc. But anyways at least I'm not allergic to the foods that I was tested for which were things like almonds and things of that sort.
I still can't believe that I have to carry this injection thing where ever I go, just in case I get a reaction so bad that I can't even breathe. Although that has happened before, I doubt that it would happen again. But yeah, I was laughing when they told me I had to stab myself with the needle. The pharmasits said, " Yeah if you can't read you better start stabbing!" I was cracking up! I wasn't right though, its a hospital, people are sick and what not, but I thought it was funny the way she said it. What did kill my laugh was when she said, " And after you have to call 9-1-1" When she said that, I wasn't laughing, I realized that it was serious and dangerous. It still kind of made my day though.
So yeah, that's about all that happened yesterday. I can't believe how many hours can be spent in that place. I don't really like hospitals and doctors, which is weird because I want to become one!

2 comments:

Myckie said...

Dam. It must be hella frustrating to be allergic to something but not know what it is. Its actually kinda scary cause you wouldnt know what to avoid and stuff.
I dont like hospitals or doctors either, thats probably why I owould never become a doctor. I just dont like seeing other people hurting and I get a weird feeling in my stomach when I see open wounds and too much blood.
Good luck with everything and I hope you feel better.

babycheeks said...

damn that's hella weird how can you be allergic to food? lol. them doctors don't know what the hell they're talking about. it sounds like you were in a scary situation, i know I would have been hella scared. well i hope all is well and hope u get better!

- Ale:)