" Failures are divided into two classes - those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought." -John Charles Salak





Friday, June 6, 2008

Graduating Class of 2008 =]


Well, since I didn't go to Alameda yesterday, I guess I'll talk about what I did instead. The reason why I was absent yesterday during the field trip was because Venus assigned Janneth and I to work on the slideshow that will play in graduation. To be honest, I'm kind of stressed out about that. Its really hard, not because of the program, but because of the timing. Yesterday after school I wasn't able to stay and work on it because I had to go get a Marcus A. Foster Scholarship, and today I have to go get the Aztec Scholarship. Plus, Janneth has the laptop so I can't really do anything. The hardest thing that we have to deal with is being "fair." Its very hard to please every single person at the same time. We are trying to make everything very fair by making sure that EFVERYONE comes out in the slideshow, but some people didn't attend certain field trips, and some didn't give us pictures. We are aware that the majority of the pictures that were take in Yosemite were by Mr. Thomas but he is actually in Yosemite the whole weekend, so we can't get those pictures. Also, we were suppoused to finish the video today so that we wouldn't be so stressed ou, but I feel like its a little bit too late for that. I also feel like we have to do this, because nobody else would have taken the time and effort to complete this. Its also complicated because we want it to be great, since it will be shown in graduation, which is very important and also very special. I want it to be a very memorable video, but because of the time i don't know if we will be able to achieve that. So in advance I say, we did all we could.
Besides that slideshow, I am very excited to be graduating, because I am getting closer and closer to when I have to start college. Although I know that the transition from high school to college will not be easy, I also see it as very exciting and another great experience. I really can't wait to have to be independent, meet new people, and start my path in higher education. I feel like I'm ready for college, because of everything that I've gone through. I know I'm going to be homesick though, because I won't be able to go back home as often as I would like. I will start school on Septermber 22 and the first major vacation is for thanksgiving, which is in November, so I feel like that is very far apart. I feel like I will be leaving everyone I care for in Oakland, and I worry about what would happen when I'm gone. I worry about the things that I will miss. After my parents divorced, for a long time I wasn't able to be there for my siblings, since they were living with my mom, and I feel like I'm leaving thm again. Still, I know that they know how to take care of each other, and I will make it a pririty to stay in contact with them. I always hear my dad tell me " when you go to college, you'll forget about me just like Lino did." He says this because my brother rearly called my dad to even say hello. I know that I won't dissapear like that, because I know how he feels about my brother not calling. My dad will probably get annoyed of how often I'll call home!!!! By gradutaing, I feel like time is really passing by fast. After all, it was four years ago that I came to Life Academy, and it doesn't really feel like that long. There are many memories and great experiences that I have of Life Academy that I will take with me wherever I go. I will never forget all of the great people that I met in this school, and my best friends. Graduation is a very sad time because everyone is creating their own path, and going their own seperate way. Its hard to think that after we graduate we won't see the people we normally see five times a week. Still, I don't feel too sad about it, but when June 10th comes along I know that I'll be sad then! Once we are on the stage at Holy Names University and we see our graduation slideshow, have a couple wise words from adults at Life Academy, and walk the stage, then we'll all be sad and why? Because things will never be like they used to be. The time has come to move on.

1 comment:

mosvalublpelayo said...

Well once again I would like to thank you for doing this, since if you had not been asked then it would not have been finished on time or we would not have quality work because it would be thrown together at the last minute. I appreciate that you are trying to include everyone in the slideshow and I am sure that it will be great


-Pelayo